Monday, February 24, 2014

Poor Lizzie

So, ever since I took Lizzie (one of my porcelain dolls) to church one night she has been feared, hated and threated to be cruelly disposed of. However, her existence was never as endangered as it is now that I posted her picture on Facebook. Since I think its fun I play along, laughing evilly at people when they say she is creepy and egg it on by posting more pictures and mentioning her in conversations. Lizzie has really become infamous at CBC, especially with the singers and choir students. Many of the girls have told me their attack plans if they ever meet Lizzie in person. Some have even said that they would break into my house to destroy my Lizzie. Recently, Mr. Tuner asked if I was going to bring Lizzie with me to Puerto Rico, to which I responded with an evil grin and bright eyes. Before I could reply, though, multiple people shouted their displeasure of the idea. Through out the week, threats on Lizzie's existence have increased drastically and the disposal methods have become even more malicious. So far, if I take her to Puerto Rico, Lizzie will either be thrown off the plane, tossed into the ocean, smashed on a palm tree, dropped off the mountain, chopped, burned, fed to rabid dogs, fed to sharks, or all of the above. Needless to say I will not be taking Lizzie to Puerto Rico (not that she was going is the first place!). Silly thing is all of these threats have started to bother me. I know they shouldn't, but I treasure Lizzie, so it hurts when people can't see that. I love kidding with people on how they thinks she is Chucky's mother, wife or whatever, but I want them to realize I don't see her that way and respect that.

All right, rant is over! Needed to say that though cause it was wearing me down. A quick thought before I sign out. Last night Jordan peached an amazing sermon at First Baptist Church in Damascus on Psalms 62:1 "O God, thou my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is." Jordan used this verse along with others to explain how a Christian is to yearn for God and draw close to Him. Although I loved his sermon, the thought that stuck in my mind the most was from nothing he said, but the part of the verse that says "early will I seek thee." I have heard this verse all my life and usually it went along with a conversation or sermon on daily devotionals. Not being a morning person, I do not like this statement at all, why do I have to wake up extra early to have a devotional? I would wake up to read, but not remember anything because I was still sleepy or feel asleep again while reading. So I would tell myself I'll do it in the evening. This worked for a while, but eventually I stopped doing that as well. Now I know that many people successfully have a daily devotion before bed, but last night I realized why David sought after God early in the morning. It was because David longed more than anything to be with God that it was the first thought on his mind the moment he woke up. He didn't seek God in the morning cause it was the best time, but because David didn't want to start his day without saying a good hearty good morning to the Creator. David prayed and mediated in the morning because his love of and for God was so strong that he didn't have anything else he wanted to do more after waking. Then I realized the reason why I hate the idea of a morning devotional is because I don't love God enough. I pray that I may have such a love for God that I no longer see a morning devotional as an option, but rather as an opportunity to begin my day in God's presence.

Love ya and God Bless from Lizzie and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment