You know, I am almost always complaining about the weather. In the summer I complain about the heat, in the fall I complain about cold wind, in the winter I complain about the snow, and in the spring I complain about the rain. I never fail to find something to complain about concerning the weather. It's not only me though, so many times people complain about the weather on Facebook/twitter posts and during conversations, that the subject of weather has become rather mundane. However, there are those few days of the year where I can't find one aspect of the weather to complain about. Such as warm days accompanied with a cool breeze, a mellow sky with a light rainfall, a cool, windy fall day colored by bright leaves, or a flurry of snow falling to cover the ground to later reflect the sun's light. Now, I have also come to find how beautiful ice makes the trees, grass, and other flora it covers when under the light of a morning sun. Those days are my favorites and have become a reminder of how great my God is. When talking about bad circumstances in our life we commonly say, "Everything happens for a reason" and "God is in control." That also goes for the weather! Everything we love and hate about the weather was created by God and is being manipulated by Him everything second. This fact is stated and restated throughout the Bible and is made evident in the fact that all we see cannot have been a product of chance because of the intrinsic detail of every living and nonliving thing. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" (Genesis 1:1) and "God saw that it was good" (Genesis 1:10). If our Lord God Creator thought that ALL of His creation was good, then who are we to say that the weather an exception? With this thought in mind, I'm going to start making an effort not to complain about the weather as much. What about you?
Love ya and God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment