Friday, October 10, 2014

Some Day

NEWS FLASH: MOLLY KINGSTON WAS SPOTTED OUTSIDE OF HER TRAILER BEFORE NOON TODAY!! AND WHAT IS MORE, SHE WENT SHOPPING WITH A BLAIR COURTNEY AND AN ALESHA HUGHES! NEXT WE WILL TALK ABOUT THE POSSIBLITY OF THE EXISTENCE OF DRAGONS IN JAPAN!

...........Yes, its true. I actually left my trailer and did something with real live people today. AND I SURVIVED. Now, honestly this may not sound like a big deal to most, if not all of you, but trust me when I say that for me this is a huge accomplishment. Especially the getting out of bed before noon part. The college and unemployed life is treating me well on Fridays and Saturday, so its not unusual for my bed to remain occupied the better part of the day. Or in my opinion, the worst part of the day, because I am a creature of the night. (Insert sparkling vampire picture here). 

Although I immensely enjoyed my time out on the town with the girls, the highlight of my day had to be the Chinese food and my private jam out session in the choir room. I understand and respect that not everyone likes Chinese food, but you must also understand that it is my shining light of happiness in this dark, evil world. When I imagine what Heaven will be like, I see Jesus holding His arms out to me with a plate filled with General Tso's Chicken, Lo Mein, Egg and Veggie Rolls, Crab Rangoon, and some Sushi for a little bit of Japan ingenuity. You laugh, but I'm serious. God gave us Chinese food so that we could have a taste of Heaven while on Earth.

To keep me from drooling a puddle on my keyboard, lets talk about my jam session. If anyone had been in the Copper Building by the choir room, they would have been given quite a show. It is really fortunate that not many students use the practice rooms when I do, because they would know that I truly am insane. Many people talk to themselves, but I hold full conversations with myself, laugh at my own jokes (ones that no one else understands) and speak in thousands of different voices. What makes it worse is that sometimes half of the conversation stays in my head, so anyone that over hears me may think that I'm on the phone, but when they see no one else with me, they become beyond confused. Which causes my to laugh maliciously at their facial expression, sending them running for their lives......... This may be why I'm single..... Oh well!

Anyways, most of my jam session was me playing hymns for services on Sunday accompanied by my crazed speaking and laughing. However, it got really real real quick when I started making up lullabies for my unborn children. Now, again this is slightly bizarre, but my dad used to sing me a song that he made up when I was born and I always loved when he sang it. So, tonight I tossed around some lyrics and melodies for my own children's lullabies. I cried. I won't lie, the emotions that the songs stirred were deep and painful, yet hopeful. It may not be God's will to bless me with children, but until I know that is truly the plan, I will keep trucking along like I'll be a mother in the future.

I am a little hesitant to do this, because I messed up a few times, but I recorded myself playing and singing the Bluegrass song Some Day. I made this on a whim, so like I said, its not perfect, but I hope you enjoy it none the less. I'll leave the link below! Love ya and God Bless!

Some Day Video

No comments:

Post a Comment