Wow, guys! It is already Thanksgiving time! I have been impatiently awaiting this time for many reasons:
1) Thanksgiving Break! I get to go home guys. HOME! The place I haven't been to since August! I really, really, really need to go home. I'm starting to loose myself down here. I need to go back to my roots and reconnect with everyone before I float away to the milky way. Plus, I'm starting to miss Benjamin, so you got to know I've been away for far too long if I'm missing him too! (Love you bub!)
2) The Semester is two weeks away from ending! Plus most of my classes finished within the last two weeks, so I only have my jury for voice and two finals to worry about! But let me tell you that these last two weeks have been torturous! I have had THREE huge projects to complete and it is quite a miracle I still have some hair left from all the stress I put myself under. However, I have to memorize about 5 songs over break, so that's a little discouraging, but lets be honest......I will probably wait until the last minute to do that too.
3) Grandma's Cooking!!! Let me remind you that I have not been home since August, so I have practically been starving very Sunday as Grandma's house is 7 hours away! Now, props to Aunt Bobbie, Aunt Vickie and Grandma Kingston to feeding me chili two Sundays ago. It was extremely delicious! However, I still can't wait until I can eat some of Grandma Joan's cooking.
4) I get to spend a Sunday in the body of believers that know me best. This is important to me. I have found a church down here, but I will always remember Bethel as the church that raised me. I am also really excited to go to Sunday School, which is something I don't go to here. Todd always does a good job of finding topics to discuss that make me think and expand my knowledge. Also we both love to argue, so it works out really well for the both of us. (So I just found out Todd doesn't teach the college Sunday School class anymore, but despite this sad news, I am still looking forward Sunday School.) Plus, I get to help lead the song service with Mandi. Something I always look forward to whenever I go home.
5) Breakfast with the family. This is something that my family has tried to do every school day morning for the past five years or so. And this next week I will be cooking the meal! Quite honestly, my family should really be scared seeing as how I'm more of an experimentalist in the kitchen than an actual cook, but I will try my best to make some scrumptious breakfast!
6) My Dad's hugs. My Mom's time. Benjamin's laugh. Tony's humor. I miss them and I am literally itching to get home. Like really I'm itching all over, I might have a rash.
7) Deer Meat! Shot out to Dad who killed a deer this last week!!!! So now I get to eat some awesome deer meat. Now Benjamin needs to kill one while I'm home, so I can have the joy of smelling the raw meet and help with packaging it! No joke, I associate the smell of deer meat with the holidays and it has become one of my favorite smells.
8) Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. And more Sleep.
9) Did I mention I get to go HOME?
10) I can't think of anymore, but I couldn't end the list as nine so this one is for you. Why do you love Thanksgiving time??
Love ya and God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment