This has been my first week back to Arkansas and school. I have never been overly excited to go back to school, but this semester I find my spirits to be depleted before school has even properly started. Which is ridiculous! This semester holds so much fun for me, performing in Showboat, choir trip to Puerto Rico, Singers trip to Missouri, but none of it excites me like it should. I have even come to hate how much time I have to sleep (CRAZY!!!!! XO), because it means I have nothing to do! I miss home. I miss everyone. And forgive me for being a weirdo, but I miss the cemetery! So pray for me because I have been sitting at home (in Arkansas) moping around like a lost puppy today.
Alright the waterworks are over! Sorry for the real life talk, but you should have seen it coming with the title being all sad and whatnot. It probably doesn't help that the last five or so Doctor Who episodes I've watched have been sort of depressing. Not sure how many Whovians (hope I spelled that right) read this blog so I won't go into detail, but let me just say this. I feel like the show has given me wings to fly in the sky only to be hit by an airplane. Then I am caught in mid-air by a cloud, however, the cloud turns into a thunderstorm and I'm fried by lighting. Just when I think I can finally rest in peace and die, I am revived. But then shot twice in the heart and once in the head, only to wake up to the sound of the Doctor crying and tortured forever by the sight and sound of his tears..... It's been a rough few days.
To go along with the last paragraph I felt I should share this poem I have been working on off and on for the last three years. Its not much considering how long I have been working on it, but I hope you enjoy nonetheless!
The Circle of Life
I've hit rock bottom
I've been down and out
I've bitten the dust
I've walked the valley
I've gotten down on luck
I've hit the skids
I've crashed and burned
But Now
I'm floating on cloud nine
I'm the winner
I'm biting true gold
I'm standing on the mountain top
I'm turning up roses
I'm hitting the jackpot
I'm on the red carpet
Because now I'm dead
I feel I must apologize for this blog because it's sad and morbid, but so goes life down the drain of who cares.
Love ya and God Bless!!!
Please know this is just a funny!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment