Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Few Thoughts About My First Semester At CBC

YAY!!!! Finals are over! Fall Semester 2013 is complete!!! I can now sleep all the time!!!!
HaHa As you can guess I'm slightly excited about the completion of my fall classes. However, I also thoroughly enjoyed this round of classes and teachers. It was my first time experiencing college life while living away from home and comfort, away from almost everything familiar. Thank the Lord I had Brain and Erin to keep me company, give me support and listen to my crazy thoughts. There were many nights I'm sure they wished I came with a return address! It has also been a blessing to be closer to my Dad's family and to be able to spend time with them more often than before. I have found many new friends in the students at CBC, which was something I had little hope for since I predicted I would keep to myself for at least the first year. My teachers have also shown themselves to be a source of support in both my music and spiritual trials. Although I am happy I survived this first semester, I can't wait to jump in to the craziness again next semester!

I must also say that the support I have gotten because of this blog and my Facebook account from my church family back home not failed to lift my spirits. I can't tell you how happy it makes my when I get likes or comments on the things I post. Thank you guys sooooo much!

I have been challenged with constantly living a life solely focused on God. Throughout the years, I have picked up hobbies and habits that have slowly caused a rift between God and me. I ask for your prayers as I fight to relinquish things which are hindering my spiritual walk and reinstate God as my only source of significance and security.

Keep an eye out as I plan to make some videos on Facebook about the Alive Conference that is coming up! If you are a teen or a parent of a teen/teens I recommend joining/following Alive Youth Conference on Facebook or @alivebmaa on Twitter for information! This is my second year going as a sponsor and I absolutely love it! Hope to see ya there!

Love you and God Bless!!

(Sorry this post is so serious stuff, but unfortunately life isn't all laughs. But hopefully my next post will be lighter :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment