Thursday, August 15, 2013

Old Lady's and Boys

So it looks like I will only be updating my blog every other day! That will be good cause then I'll have two days worth of material to talk about. Right now I'm kinda in a lull zone, where most of my day consists of waking up at ten, eating, knitting, more eating, more knitting and then more eating. Many times in my life I feel that I was born with a 40 year-old mind, so that now although I'm in a 20 year-old body I act like a 60 year-old woman. This new obsession over knitting that I'm experiencing is proving that. I have taken my yarn and needles with me to CBC, to Kroger, to the Wendy's drive-thru and to a peach orchard. They have not left my side for the last three days except tonight when I went to exercise at 10 Fitness with Erin. I'm afraid that if I quit knitting for to long I will start having withdraws! But, it is fun learning how to make things in new ways so I'm am perfectly content in acting like an old lady. OLD LADY PRIDE!! HOORAA!

Speaking of old ladies, today Brian, Erin and I had a discussion about boys. (Don't ask me how that relates to old ladies.) I'm not sure if it is a common fact, but I am single and have been all my 20 years. The reasons being I have yet to find a man I could tolerate marrying, nor has any man yet found me tolerable to marry. I feel no shame in that fact, because I know that God is in control and I will find Mr. Right when God deems it time. However, today I expressed my confusion as to why no boys had ever even asked me out. Brian and Erin both felt it was because I am a confident woman and outwardly show that I am not needy for a boyfriend. Praise God for wise relatives!! Immediately it all made sense and all the doubts and self-demeaning thoughts were erased. Being in public school all my life I should have noticed, but those who were in relationships were those looking and seeking one. Even my Dad says "Desperate people find desperate people." But Dad also says "A man needs a woman that's not overly impressed with him." But from ages 0-25, most boys immaturity leads them to seek out girls who fawn and gloat over them, while girls look for guys that looks half way decent and speaks the right lingo. I feel more strongly now that waiting until you are older than 17 to date is the wisest choice. No doubt there will be those few exceptional boys and girls that are mature enough to handle a relationship younger, but with the stresses of school and friends, waiting and doing it right is better than rushing and losing that person altogether. Tell me your thoughts on what is the right age to date. Better yet what signs of maturity should a boy or girl look for in the other sex to know if they are mature enough for a relationship?

Well it looks like the comment box is not working for some on the site so if you really want to talk to me here is some places you can catch me at:
Facebook: Molly Kingston
Twitter: @mollymkingston
Email: incessantlysingingmyheartsong@gmail.com

Good night and God Bless!!!

6 comments:

  1. Look guys it worked!! Are you sure it's not a user error??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well try it and if it doesn't work use the info I gave in the above post. :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first one-on-one date was with my husband (go ahead and awwwww here haha). I was 17 and had refused him before. But in listening to God's leading and opening my eyes to His best for me, rather than what I thought I needed, I discovered a wonderful man meant just for me. I don't know if age comes into it so much as maturity. Listen to the Lord and watch His leading. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't tell you my story. You're mom would kill me ;) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete