Sunday, March 17, 2013

New York Day 2

Oh my goodness!! It is so late and I'm tired! But I have committed to posting every night, so here I am! And now goodnight......................................... Oh just kidding! It is late and I am tired, but there is plenty to talk about from today's tiresome adventures. We had a rough start because Dona Bell's Bake Shop, owned by Abbie from NCIS, was closed and we were all really staking our happiness on eating breakfast there. So after we dried our tears and wiped our snot away we found another decent bakery and filled our empty stomachs with different flavored carbs. I personally had a scrumptious cinnamon and sugar donut with water. Just to let u know how good it was the donut was gone in about 5 minutes while I still have a half full water bottle. After breakfast I don't remember much but a blur of Times Square with vacant expensive stores, flooded souvenir shops, advertising and road side restaurants selling meat on a stick, roasted nuts, hot dogs and pretzels. We did go on the Stanton Island ferry to see the Statue of Liberty from afar because her personal tour are closed down due to Hurricane Sandy damage. She was beauty as always standing tall and proud holding the touch that guide us Americans toward a better time. After which we went to the Empire State Building and saw what there was to see.....buildings. It was after this that we began to head back towards our resting place before our big evening event. I think I was more excited about the rest than anything else as the constant walking and sway of the subway was causing my hip and knee joints to screaming in pain. It had come to the point where I no longer showed any sign of youth in my walk, but instead hobbled like an old woman half dead with a constant scowl of pain on my face. Kinda like a zombie. Luckily I had a pack of sprinkled dark-chocolate waiting for me in my room which removed much of my suffering. After the much needed rest we headed to see Spider-Man the musical in which my Aunts favorite actor, Robert Cuccioli, was playing the Green Goblin. It was an interesting show, but nothing I would recommend seeing unless u had kids. Granted I had a splitting headache during the performance so my opinion is a skewed. We were able to talk to Robert Cuccioli afterwards which was neat, plus my Aunt was bouncing and squealing like a little girl so it was quite entertaining. Well the shower is free so I'm heading off to get ready for bed. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy! Goodnight and God Bless!













No comments:

Post a Comment